Leak Testing Service for Production Parts
Do you need a part leak testing?
TQC is able to offer contract leak testing
services for production parts where the investment in instrumentation
is not justifiable. TQC do not carry out site testing of large tanks
and pipe work. Our resourceful engineering staff can develop and
write test specifications and procedures to cover any critical testing
The service is used by
- Are only producing a small batch of parts
- Produce regular batches of small parts
that do not want to make the investment in an in-house system
- Need to prototype and develop the design
of products requiring sealing.
- Are required to test products to a specific
leak test standard beyond that of the equipment at the Client.
Typical Examples are:
- Machined components - pressure & leak
- Fabrications that need helium testing.
- Medical devices in development.
- Small quantities of exhaust pipes for
specialist vintage cars.
- Bottle closure development.
- Under bonnet and engine parts. High performance
racing brake parts.
- TQC can also provide technical guidance
and advice on sealing techniques and sealing materials
TQC standard equipment includes a full set
of calibrated, traceable leak testing instrumentation (NIST, NAMAS)
available for leak testing small quantity batches of parts. Our
capability covers an extensive range of pressures from high vacuum
to 6 bar. Typically, using air decay, leaks of 10 mm3.sec-1
can be found, using helium leaks down to 1x10-8 mbar.l.sec-1
can be identified.
Higher proof test pressures of up to 1095
bar can be accommodated by special arrangement and review of safety.
The techniques available are differential
pressure air decay and helium tracer gas testing services. These
techniques include helium spraying and helium sniffing to locate
In simple terms, the sample parts need to
be connected to a test instrument. TQC has equipment available for
this including standard connectors and test chambers and the ability
to manufacture sealing plates and bespoke sealing arrangements as
- Connectors. TQC have a range of standard
automatic connectors to connect up to ports and stub pipes. TQC
also has an extensive range of standard fittings on hand to connect
up to and blank off parts for testing.
- Sealing plates and sealing fixtures. TQC
has an in-house workshop able to manufacture special connectors
and bespoke sealing arrangements.
- Test chambers. TQC has a number of overpressure
and vacuum chambers available.
- Leak testing instrumentation and apparatus.
TQC has a range of pressurising and vacuum generation equipment
- Pressurised air and helium on hand
- Experienced leak test technicians.
- Providing test and calibration reports
- Leak location and rectification is available.
Where possible TQC will use standard reusable
parts to make the test as economical as possible. Typically it takes
a couple of weeks to assemble the parts and perform the first tests,
this can be shorter if all the equipment is standard but a little
longer where special parts have to be manufactured.
Contact TQC via the details below about leak
testing your parts.