Testing Sector Overview from TQC
Testing - Proof Pressure, Burst / Fatigue & Durability
Commonly used to describe a leak testing
application, pressure testing is another form of testing that is
carried out on a numer of different product. This page outlines
three projects TQC carried out where the customer product was pressure
cycling test of gas cylinders @ 450bar, system complete with
full data monitoring. Typical test carried out for up to 20,000
Heat exchanger test benches using air under
water and pressurised water (with fluorescent dye). Both units
with safety interlocked proof pressure test prior to leak
testing via manual inspection.
testing of welded pipe assemblies up to 30 bar with nitrogen
- Proof pressure tests.
- Standard pressure test (typically 1.25x to 1.5x the design pressure).
- Burst, fatigue and durability testing
- Hydraulic pressure up to 1095 bar (15,877psi) as standard.
- Underwater pneumatic testing combining a standard pressure test
with a leak test.
- Safety in accordance with Health & Safety Executive “Safety
in Pressure Testing” Guidance Note GS4 (third edition 1998)
- Manual & automatic operation Custom pressure testing solutions
For further details of pressure testing and
leak testing look at some of the other pages. As a taster, products
succesfully leak tested over the past years include the following
If you have a current project that you are
already looking at, or you are considering improvements to your
production in the near future, call us and we will be happy to offer
our professional advice & visit you at your site.